It is in Silicon Valley that the origins of a profound innovation dynamic can be traced. Here, the cultures of innovation, social networking and sustainability are coming together for the common benefit of business, people and planet.
For the past few years, California has been laying the groundwork for a new revolution built around a brand new set of technologies (greentech), connections (digital media), ethics, and organizational design.
This is opening up a vast new field of opportunities to change the way businesses not only design and market products and services, but how they think about themselves, their markets, and society itself.
The results are clear: from Apple to Airbnb, from Google to Tesla and Uber, Silicon Valley companies have, despite the recession, experienced significant growth while making radical changes to their identities and business models. They have innovated and transformed the current crisis to their advantage. A new business architecture is taking shape… a new type of enterprise that is simultaneously profitable, more connected to the environment and to emerging societal needs, and more attractive to the best talent, the leaders of the future.
Innovation, social networking and “green growth” expressed themselves together in the redefinition of the concepts of “community”, social responsibility and social commerce. Yesterday’s distinct communities of clients and users, suppliers, employees and citizens now each find a place in a sophisticated, interdependent and dynamic ecosystem with little or no barriers between categories. Employees are customers, users are marketers, and everybody is a citizen. The world’s most successful companies understand, manage and often design these ecosystems deliberately, through their own culture, which places meaning, humanity and responsibility over blind profit-making.
THIS LEARNING EXPEDITION IS FOR YOU IF:
- Your role impacts the future of your company or organization.
- You are determined to mine the current downturn for major opportunities to create value, meaning, and sustainable performance for your organization.
- You wish to build the tools and insights to leap ahead of your competitors.
- You want to reposition your business model, your brand or your company culture toward sustainable and responsible growth.
- You are already managing an organization oriented toward sustainable growth and wish to boost your strategic and cultural impact.
- You wish to gain inspiration and recharge by conversing with those innovative individuals or organizations that are changing the world today and tomorrow, to lead your company towards the next step.